Saint Stepanos Armenian Church was established in 1956, and was consecrated in 1987.  The parish owns its permanent sanctuary.  The church building was bought from Saint Mary’s Church and remodeled in 1986.  The parish also owns an adjacent piece of land, donated by Kevork Hovnanian, which is used for picnics and other outdoor activities.  The major benefactors include Dadour Dadourian, Artin Aslanian, Poozant Piranian, and Mr. and Mrs. Kevork Hovnanian.

See more details of the history.

Pastors, past and present:

bullet Visiting priests, 1956-72
bullet Rev. Fr. Vertanes Kalayjian, 1972-1976
bullet Rev. Fr. Avak Assadourian, 1977-1979
bullet Rev. Fr. Guregh Kalfayan, 1980-1982
bullet V. Rev. Fr. Haigazoun Najarian, 1987-1990
bullet Rev. Fr. Yeghia Hairabedian, 1990-1992
bullet Rev. Fr. Diran Bohajian, 1992-1999
bullet V. Rev. Fr. Mamigon Kiledjian, 2000-2012

Rev. Fr. Daniel Karadjian, 2013

Important Historic Events:

bullet Visitation of His Holiness Catholicos Vazken 1 in 1987
bullet Ordination of Father Diran to sacred priesthood on January 17, 1993
bullet Celebration of 10th Anniversary, with His Beatitude Archbishop Torkom Manoogian, Patriarch of Jerusalem, attending the festivities on June 14 and 15, 1997
Print Friendly