THE HAYTAIAN FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
OF ST.STEPANOS ARMENIAN CHURCH
Thank you for your interest in the Haytaian Family Scholarship Program. If you have questions during the application process, please call 723 229 3661 or directs your questions on line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be eligible for a Haytaian Family Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a member of our St. Stepanos Church
- You must be a Sunday school graduate of St. Stepanos Church or have served our church in some specific way (choir, altar boy, etc.)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student and have completed one full year of academics at a four-year accredited U.S. college by August of 2016 OR must be enrolled in a two-year college and are transferring to a four-year college or university as a full time student in the Fall-Spring of 2016/2017.
DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS APPLICATION
IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA.
- You must meet all the eligible criteria stated above.
- The deadline for this application and all required documentation is August 30, 2016
- Your application and all supporting documentation must be postmarked no later than August 30, 2016. Late applications will not be considered.
- All sections of this application must be typed or legibly written in order to be considered.
The following six parts must be submitted to constitute a complete application. No exceptions will be made and all decisions are final. All applicants will receive written notification of a decision on their application.
- Scholarship Application: All sections must be completed and the application must be signed.
- Essay: Prepare and submit an essay as instructed — section V. ESSAY. The essays should be written with the following theme:
a. How has your church influenced and shaped who you are?
b. What are your goals and aspirations?
c. Tell us why you should be considered for this scholarship based on your merits and accomplishments and how you have served your church.
- Transcripts: An official college transcript (or a copy) must be received by the committee directly from your school.
- Three Reference Letters: Complete the top portion of the three (3) reference forms. Two of the forms should be completed by a teacher, professor, or employer (no relatives please). The third form should be a personal reference completed by family friend, etc.
- List other scholarship you have received.
Please mail and completed application to:
St. Stepanos Armenian Church
Haytaian Family Scholarship Committee
1184 Ocean Avenue
Long Branch, NJ 07740
Letters of recommendation should be mailed directly.
JACK TARZIAN JR. MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
OF ST.STEPANOS ARMENIAN CHURCH
Thank you for applying for the St. Stepanos Jack Tarzian Jr. Memorial Scholarship Fund. This memorial fund began in 2004 to help students with school related items such as tuition, supplies, books, etc. Applications are due by August 17, 2016. You may mail the application directly to “Tiffany Boden,
600 Cookman Avenue, Asbury Park, NJ 07712. If you are granted scholarship money you will be notified by August 24, 2016 via email or phone with a check to follow. The funds should be used toward the 2016 fall semester. The scholarship amount is based on your grade level, number of excepted grant applicants and GPA.
Requirements for scholarship:
- GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Currently enrolled in college or beginning first semester
- Member of St. Stepanos Armenian Church
- New Jersey resident
To Download the form, click on the links below: